By Steve DeLay
Success in maximizing a Corporate Partnership boils down to one key phrase:
“How do you help your partner accomplish their business goals.”
If you can create partnership programs that do that, you’ll be wildly successful increasing sponsorship revenue.
Jon Spoelstra and I have more than 60 years of sponsorship sales between us, selling numerous naming rights deals and monster sponsorship deals at all levels of the NBA, all the way down to summer collegiate baseball. We had extra-special success in minor league baseball setting records for teams like the Dayton Dragons, Frisco Roughriders and Staten Island Yankees.
Now we’ve taken our philosophy, which we put in to print with The Ultimate Toolkit – Sponsorships and have turned it in to an affordable program to help your team maximize Corporate Partnership revenue.
This program is designed to provide a more in-depth overview of The Ultimate Toolkit – Sponsorships strategy and tactics with chapters from the toolkit and video modules explaining the key facets of partnership strategy. This is a deeper dive into the specifics of Sponsorships, and fits into the busy schedules of your Corporate Partnerships team.
Tied to each module is a chapter from The Ultimate Toolkit – Sponsorships for further learning and we include quizzes to help you ensure students are reading and absorbing the material in the modules. Once you have invested into this program, you have unlimited usage for your staff and you have it forever.
Course Content Highlights:
- Selling Anchor Partnerships. How to identify key anchor elements of inventory to incorporate in to major corporate partnership packages.
- The Need for Big-Time Promotions. The reason behind why big-time promotions are so critical to success – much more than a logo on a tee shirt or videoboard feature – and how to create them for all types of partnership candidates. In this, we include the steps to create big-time promotions using the 5-Question Acid test along with written examples of hugely successful promotions that have been implemented.
- Building a Sponsorship from Scratch. With core anchor elements and a big-time promotion, what else can be included in a corporate partnership to balance it out and assure an impact across multiple departments of a company.
- How to Price Sponsorships. We go step by step on various strategies to price a corporate partnership to maximize revenue.
- Who to Sell your Sponsorship to. Once the package is built and priced, who do you call on to sell it? We go through industry categories, non-traditional sponsorship candidate ideas and even some really weird sponsorship prospects and show how you tie it all together.
- Mid-Term Exam. Because we believe that big-time promotions is so critical to selling success, we built in a mid-term exam for your staff to create their own big-time promotion. You can use this as part of the content or design your own test to make sure staff have learned what you want them to learn.
- Final Exam. Here, your staff creates a full Sponsorship proposal including a big-time promotion and a written presentation to video tape and provide as their Final Exam.
Your investment into this program includes unlimited access for your staff with no expiration date on your membership. When you enroll, you become the manager of your team/group and you will have access to invite staff members that have the same email domain for your team.
We look forward in assisting in your Sponsorship sales success.